Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 331. 4th of July

I know a lot of people have said beautiful and profound things about the 4th of July and I wish I could say something along those lines but what is coming into my mind is an image from that day.  It was pouring rain most of the day and so finding indoor activities was a must.

I found myself at the mall walking around with two friends.  Mall walking for me is not always easy...especially when it is busy.  The hustle and bustle of the people often makes me very dizzy and at this time I was pretty tired.  But I was walking behind my two friends, using them as a small, visual buffer from the chaos of the rest of the mall and listening to their voices as they talked.  I can't help but think that with all the political upheaval going on, there are still the simple freedoms that I think sometimes we forget.  Like being able to wander around a mall with friends.  It's a little thing really but one that, while it is difficult for me, I don't want to take for granted.  I know this silly rambling around the mall isn't a deep thought at all but without days like the 4th of July and without the protection of those who serve, I wouldn't be following my friends and smiling over their conversations and random bursts of silliness from one of them:).

So thank you to the military both past and present who make it so I live in a country where I can have the freedom to go where I want to and when I want to and be safe.

Happy 4th of July!


No comments: