Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 346. Pokemon...I'm Stretching It.

Today was a rough day.  Today I had to keep smiling and encouraging and congratulating someone who accidentally got pregnant.  I know she is amazed and excited but all I can think of is how incredibly unfair it is.  All my life I have wanted babies, as I know I have said before.  Other dreams came and went but that one never wavered.  And all afternoon and into the evening I was with someone who was either glowing and gushing about being pregnant or gushing about a grand baby they are raising.  And I am happy for them, I am.  But my heart is breaking right now and all I could do was smile and laugh at their stories and listen to them and congratulate them.  And all I wanted to do was break down and cry.

So today I have decided my smile comes from that stupid Pokemon game that is taking over.  I had three minutes to myself this afternoon and I checked the messages on my phone and decided to check the game and found I was not only surrounded by those weird little creatures but I was also at a Poke Stop for the first time.  And for a second I could smile.  That crazy game gave me something to truly smile over that wasn't forced.  Because of that, the Pokemon game is now something I'm not going to complain about or make too much fun of because I can laugh at myself for playing it and on days like today, I need a laugh, no matter how small or silly it is.

No comments: