Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Thursday, July 28, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 354. Amazing Curiosity!

I wasn't sure how I would like working with teenagers this summer.  My comfort level was with adults.  I have to say I was happily surprised that I love working with teenagers!  Yes, they can be crazy moody and sometimes you find yourself standing there thinking, "What did you just say?" and you are fighting like crazy not to bust up laughing!

I also discovered just how curious they are.  I am use to the personal curious, where they want to know your entire back story and love life!  But today I was approached with questions of curiosity I never expected from a teenager.  I had a teen who's eyes never formed ask me what is it like to see?  And what did I see with my vision impairment?  How did I see?  What do you see when you cross your eyes?  What does it mean to see double?  And can I close one eye at a time?  And what do eye muscles do?  Whats the difference between a dominant eye and a stronger eye?  Why do you have a dominant eye?  I was floored by the depth of the questions!  I tried to answer as best I could using analogies and just strait up science and my experience and was disappointed when I had to end our conversation.  I have never had someone so young, or ever really, ask me questions like this and coming from their perspective!  It really warmed my heart to have such a curious kid in front of me and it excited me that I actually have this knowledge to give!  No, I wasn't going into great detail but I could see I was satisfying a hunger for knowledge there.  That was a pretty wonderful feeling!

No comments: