Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Days 336 & 337. Time to Study Again!

This weekend I scheduled the date and time to take my certification exam for Low Vision Therapy.  If I can pass this test I will be dual certified in O & M for Adults and Low Vision Therapy.   That is a pretty amazing feeling and a pretty big accomplishment!!!  I am nervous about the test as I am not the best test taker and have to not let myself get so anxious that I blank completely.  I figured out that my brain freezes and blanks, fogs, menopause moments...whatever you want to call it...tend to happen more frequently when I am rushed or stressed.

So, while I feel like I have a fairly strong grasp on the practical side of being a Low Vision Therapist I also know I don't know everything.  And because I don't know everything I don't feel prepared for the test.  And the crazy thing is, I will NEVER know everything and so because of that, I will never feel truly prepared for the test!  Really frightening catch 22 isn't it?!

So, this weekend I have spent many hours curled up in a corner of a friend's bed studying quietly and out loud while she and another friend organized the room.  These two particular friends have learned a lot about O & M from my excitement of the field and now they are learning about Low Vision therapy from my panic of not knowing everything that could possibly show up on the exam!  They are very patient and good friends!  Lol!

And so, I am back to studying and looking things up and trying to clarify questions and praying that this certification test goes well.  And the crazy thing is...this isn't the last certification test I could be taking.  There are two more certifications in my field and honestly, why wouldn't I want to have them all and have as much knowledge as I can about a field that I can't wait to get up in the morning to practice in:).  Well, ok, perhaps I am not jumping out of bed.  But I am willingly rolling out of bed and stumbling to the bathroom when my alarm goes off.  Please say a few prayers the exam goes well!



No comments: