Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Monday, May 9, 2016

365 Things to Smile About. Day 275. First Day!!!

Today was my first day on my internship.  It started early (and is going to start even earlier tomorrow!!) and kept going with a lot of information!  Lol!  I toured the center grounds and I have to say it is a really nice place!  Very fresh and nicely laid out and just pretty!  Then we talked over the expectations of the internship and went to lunch!  I am happy my supervisor also likes Thai food and he showed me a great little place not far from the center!

In the afternoon we went down to Carytown and walked around the routes used in residential and business sections of lessons.  I saw some interesting new intersections.  They were plus intersections with a round green space in the middle of the intersection so it forced you to use it like a round about to turn left.  The really crazy one was a 4 way YIELD!!  A challenge for teaching street crossings!  It was good to be able to see these areas and stop and listen to the flow of the traffic and figure out how I would teach different intersections.  I was also introduced to a chocolate shop that I am seriously keeping in mind for lessons that require my students to find a specific business!  Lol!

All in all it was a good day.  I met a lot of people and I hope I can remember all of their names soon.  I think by week three I might be getting some of my own students but until then I will be observing and soaking it in and learning the area:).  A good start to my summer and looking forward to the rest:).  I think I will have to become a morning person though!  Woke up at 6:30 this morning and have to be up at 5:30 tomorrow morning!  But you know what?  This is the first job ever where that doesn't bother me:).

No comments: