Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Friday, May 20, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 285. Two Mile Power Walk!

Yesterday, like every day lately, was a good day!  It was good because I'm working on O & M with people and seeing a wide range of individuals. But yesterday made me smile for a completely different reason. It has to do with power walking!

Going through surgery, being so anemic, then the total exhaustion of chemo...I honestly never thought I would have an even semi normal life again because of lack of energy and stamina!  Forget ever adding the words "power walk" back into my vocabulary. I talked about the day I could power walk across campus again but deap down, I didn't really believe it could happen. 

Then yesterday happened. One of the lessons I taught involved walking a route to a destination, get lunch, then reverse the route. What I wasn't aware of, as I was not the one who planned the lesson, was that the total route was two miles round trip nor did I know how fast the client walked naturally!!  And so, in order to keep up on my short legs, I had to power walk a mile to lunch and power walk a mile back...up hill!!!  And I did it!!!!!!  I was sucking in air and praying to God to give me the strength to do it and He came through!  I kept up with my student, monitoring their progress and observing their technique. Then after several minutes catching my breath and guzzling my supervisor's water he wisely grabbed at lunch, I gave my feedback and what they should do to improve.  Then my supervisor and I collapsed in the car, cranked up the AC and checked the number of steps we got on that one lesson alone....8,000!!!  Lol!

I guess I learned that Fival was right..."never say never", even if it's just to yourself!!









No comments: