Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 291. Umbrellas

All my life I have had really white skin.  Because I have ocular albinism, I burn VERY easily.  Then chemo somehow increased that sensitivity!  I didn't think it was possible but apparently chemo drugs take that as a challenge!  At any rate, I now burn through sunscreen.  And my job keeps me outside, rain or shine.  And most of the month of May Richmond has been under a gray, rainy cloud and  I was walking with an umbrella in my hand.

The sun has come out recently for a small appearance this week.  And I still find myself walking with an umbrella!  Lol!  I decided I was tired of getting burnt no matter how much sunscreen I put on.  I wanted to keep my mind on my students, not wondering where there was shade or if I had to stop to put more on.  So I lather up in the morning, and walk my lessons with my students holding a big umbrella between me and the sun!!  I don't care how silly it looks...I would rather be looking silly and 100% focused on my student then not look silly, be distracted and ultimately as red as a tomato!!  So now I am on the lookout for a cool umbrella!  Maybe the parasol that Abby uses in NCIS?  Lol!  If it is big enough!  And ever goes on sale!  Until then...I would love to find a way to make a personalized one!  I have had a phrase bouncing in my head lately that I think would be fun to put on an umbrella..."O & M Takes You Places!"  Give a shout out to my field as I work!

And now I am rambling so I shall close for the evening!!!  Let me know if you find any cool umbrellas!

No comments: