Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Thursday, May 5, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 271. Falling Flat!!

So often we try to put up a front when we fall, wether it's literally or figuratively.  We don't want people to think we aren't perfect or strong. When you have cancer many people expect you to be strong. They don't know what to do when you don't have that face up. So you put on that face.  You are strong. You hide it when you fall. 

Today I was walking into my storage unit on smooth, wet pavement and my feet slipped out from under me and I fell almost flat on my back in front of a handful of strangers!  I was ok. I sat there a minute shaking out my arms and hands that failed to catch me. And I realized something. I can't hide it when I fall anymore. And I don't want to hide it anymore. I don't mean I'm going to show every difficulty and stress I experience. But I'm not going to constantly try to put up a front when I fall when it's just too much. 

So today I'm smiling because I felt a little weight lift off my shoulders:).  Nothing like a small dose of public humiliation to make you see that you don't have to be strong 24/7!!!  Lol:)










No comments: