Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Days 143 & 144. One More Step!

It seems lately my life has been defined by steps.  Some big steps but mostly small ones that when you add them all together and look back at a distance form a giant step!  Well, after jumping back on my computer yesterday and today I FINALLY finished what feels like a big step but is in fact one of those small steps.  I finished putting together my study guide for my O & M certification exam!!!!!

Now, perhaps this doesn't sound so momentous.  Please picture 53 pages of typed notes to memorize! Momentous yet???  While the content will not expand much (although it can always be added to) the number of pages will since I will have to enlarge the print to somewhere around 14 to 16 point font so I don't strain my eyes.  For longer studying purposes I will probably go with the 16 point.  That adds a lot of pages to the original 53!  But thats ok because I have a plan to keep the freaking out over the immensity of it all to a minimum.  The study guide is cleverly broken down into 12 modules (already done for me, not my personal genius).  So each module will be printed and stapled individually and I will tackle them one at a time.

Sounds all planned out and ready to go doesn't it?  LOL!!  So funny!  It will in fact be very difficult to get myself focused and settle down as often as I will need to to study and be able to take the test hopefully in March!!  That isn't that far away actually!  Despite all my efforts to keep the intimidation of it all at bay...it simply is a lot of work!  The only positive part is...I love this field!  I am fascinated by it!  So I am determined to over come my anxiety and this stupid chemo brain of mine that leaks parts of information like a sieve and I WILL remember it ALL!!!

So say a few prayers because now the studying begins in ernest!  On top of my last semester of classes.  Yes, I am going to be going a little cross eyed and crazy by the end of April but I am DETERMINED to enter my internship with this test finished!  I can do this!!

No comments: