Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 124. TWO YEARS!!!!

I have a lot of sad anniversaries in my life.  But today was not one of those.  Today was a good anniversary.  A happy anniversary!  Two years ago today I was told I was in remission!!!  I've said the words "I beat cancer", "I went through chemo and made it.", "I'm in remission." and I realized tonight I always said those words TO someone ELSE but never to myself.  Like I had to just put up this facade of strength and bravery and nonchalance because that was what was expected.  Tonight, it finally, honestly hit me.  I did it.  I finally said it to myself.  I came through all of that and here I am with one semester left of grad school and starting my life in the field I have come to love!

The crazy part is all I could do was start crying!  Lol!  Lovely, stupid, fake hormones!  Lol!  But I did it!!  I'm two years and counting!  And it's a happy day!  A day I want to celebrate every year with just as much hoopla and craziness as my birthday!!  Because I did it and that was no small thing and I don't want to brush it aside like it was no big deal anymore.  It was a big deal!  And I did it!  Two years and counting!

No comments: