Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 130. Yankee Candles

Tonight I am feeling mostly calm in my apartment.  I have my Christmas Tree lights on and got things cleaned up from the end of the semester.  I also lit my Lilac scented yankee candle and that just made everything pretty perfect!  It feels good in here and it smells even better!  I was sitting at my table writing out some recipes from the Christmas Tea I went to last weekend with mom and the candle glow from my Advent Wreathe and the tree lights and the scented candle made it feel homey and relaxing.

Nights like this are not often but I am starting to feel relaxed and the stress is easing up.  Nights like tonight are so helpful.  There are so many things going on in life that I just don't have control over.  That can cause a lot of stress.  But now and then with just lighting a candle and flooding the apartment with soft, warm glows, all that starts to melt away:).  I now feel ready to settle in tomorrow and get back to studying.  So thank you Yankee Candles for making such a lovely scent like Lilac to help me take a deep breath, slowly let it out and try to let go and relax.

No comments: