Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Friday, December 25, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 140. The Christmas Moon!!

Facebook has been plastered with announcements of how this Christmas will have a full moon and there won't be another Christmas full moon for a long time. So I wanted to see it and try to get a good picture of it. 

I can see the moon normally in the night sky but the detail on the moon that people always talk about always escapes me. My eyes just don't see it!  So my brother kindly put up a telescope for me to look through tonight and I have to say...it was pretty amazing!!  I've never actually looked at the moon through a telescope before. I've tried looking at stars through one but they were so small still that I gave up. That is why tonight was so great!!   For the first time I started to see details on the moon with my own eyes!!!  Not just in a picture!!  I know it sounds corny but it literally took my breath away!!!  

Then, to make things even better, my brother took my phone and was able to get the pictures I've included on this post of the Christmas Moon!!  You can see craters outlined by the black sky on the bottom!! It is beautiful!!  So yes, while I've smiled about a lot today...this moon and this picture abd my brother were the most amazing things that made me smile!!  I have the best brother!!  

Merry Christmas everyone!!!  May the Baby Jesus shower you with many blessings this Christmas season!!

Photo Credit:  Joseph Bacik
The Christmas Moon!


Photo credit:  Joseph Bacik

Photo credit:  Joseph Bacik






No comments: