Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 326. Faceplant on a Keyboard!

This afternoon opened up for me unexpectedly so I had time to go back to my office and work on some paperwork.  One of the people I share the office with, like me, prefers to not use the over head lights so it is often dim with desk lamps for light.  That was how it was this afternoon and we were both working away.  I mentioned to her that I was feeling sleepy from not being active for a couple hours.

Not long after that she stepped out and the room was completely quiet and dim and peaceful as I sat looking at a map on my screen.  I could feel my eyes getting heavier and heavier.  The screen started to blur into a blob of colors and the next thing I know I am whacking my face against the edge of the keyboard as my elbow slipped off the edge of the desk and my chin slid off my hand and let gravity take it quickly down before I could wake up enough to stop myself!!!  Lol!!

I have often dropped my phone and tablet on my face as I fell asleep with them in my hands in bed.  And a couple of times I caught myself from nodding off at the computer....but this is my first keyboard face plant!  Lol!!  I think I need to have some back ground noise in the afternoons to keep me awake when I'm planning and doing paperwork!

No comments: