Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 324 & 325. Back to Work and Blogging!

And so, my crazy last two weeks have lead up to Monday and Tuesday of this week.  Happily back at work and this week spending my mornings with my itinerate clients and my afternoons teaching students from the center!  Learning more and more and working towards my goal of certification and the completion of my Masters!  And of course catching up here!

I think I see being so far behind as a good thing.  I started this blog almost a year ago because I was having a very hard time finding things to smile about last August.  It was a very difficult and sad time for me.  Now though, I don't have to look for something to make me smile most days.  I am going from the moment I get up to the moment I do to bed and feeling good about so much in between.

Looking back now, I have to admit with some difficulty that I went through some pretty serious depression in these past few years.  I tried to deal with it through prayer, counseling, pushing it down, crying it out and other things like this blog.  Staying determined that it wouldn't stay that way.  And I see now that it isn't that way anymore.

Yes, I still get scared as I think about having to find a new oncologist and go through scans and blood tests and other tests.  I am so afraid that they will find something and my life will stop it's amazing forward surge.  I also still randomly cry and get emotional from anger or happiness or for no reason at all.  I'm still fighting the lovely affects of menopause and the life long effects from the chemo.  And there are some days where I still have to take deep breaths and keep moving forward.  But the ONE THING that is different this summer is not feeling like a weight is pushing me down anymore.  That depression isn't pulling me down out here in Richmond.  I feel like my shoulders are free of some heavy burden and I can just laugh and be happy!  One of the best things that has happened to me this year is put me here in Richmond near to close and dear friends and working with amazing and kind people who know how to laugh!

So yes, I was a bit behind in this blog but for a good reason!  I was too busy living life, laughing, loving and looking forward.  But I want to finish out the last 40 days of this blog strong!!!!  Happy, laughing and smiling about the wonderful things happening in my life now!

No comments: