Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Thursday, June 2, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 296. Fine Arts Museum.

Sunday my friend Carolyn and I went to the Fine Arts Museum in Richmond and I was completely blown away with how much is in there!  It isn't anywhere near as big as the one in DC but Richmond is nothing to sneeze at!  And the pieces are beautiful!  We cruised through several sections including American painters; ancient; Greek, Roman; Egyptian; Native American; Asian and so on.

When I was walking through one gallery, I happened to glance through to another and a picture grabbed my attention and literally stopped me in my tracks!  Now, you have to understand, these are very big galleries!  But this painting had a pop of blue that not only stopped me but pulled me into the gallery.  For some reason that color alone is what made me walk up to the painting and look at it as a whole.  It was a Nativity scene with dark, kind of muted colors except that blue!  I have copied a picture of it below and I'm sorry I didn't get the name of the painter but I will find it again and find out because I would like a print of that painting.  There was just something about it's immensity and that blue color that makes me think of it still.  I suppose that is what art is supposed to do.  Grab ahold of you and not let go:).

It was a really great morning and I can't wait to go back and do some more exploring!




No comments: