Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 303. Meeting People.

Monday was a FULL day!  It was the first day long interview I have ever been through!  From 8 am to 4:30 pm.  And I learned that MSB is a pretty amazing place!  Among everything I saw there and learned, I also met a lot people!  They were all so wonderful and kind!  Truly very good people who love their jobs.

But the person I met that day who really has stayed in my mind is a random stranger.  I was so exhausted by the end of the day that when I got back to DC and had to get on the metro, I managed to get on two wrong trains!  Mostly because I wasn't paying attention and partly because I was too tired to focus on what I was doing.  So much for being an O & M instructor!  Lol!  I got so disoriented for a minute that I was more than a little embarrassed!  I just couldn't focus, my brain was so foggy from the whole day!  I still don't know how I saw the word "Vienna" when in fact it said "Franco-Springfield"!

As I stood at a metro stop looking around for a sign that I could read, I must have had an exhausted, bewildered and helpless look on my face.  Which is exactly how I felt!  A very nice woman looked at me for a moment and then kindly offered some help.  Turns out we both needed the same train and so she assured me that I was in fact finally on the correct platform and my train was the next one.  We ended up sitting next to each other and talked all the way to her stop...which was one before mine.  It was just so nice to talk to someone while riding the metro.  Normally people on the train are listening to music or on their phones or reading something.  But instead of loosing ourselves in our own worlds, we had a pleasant conversation and laughed and just enjoyed the company of a stranger.  I think more people need to strike up conversations with strangers.  You never know what a kind and interesting person you might meet!

No comments: