Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Days 314, 315 & 316 Tree Roots, Concerts and Friends!!!

A crazy day that had me swinging from wanting to scream in frustration at drivers who don't think to standing in amazement at the power of wind to finding myself at a Scythian concert swaying and clapping to music!!

On a morning lesson, walking by a park, I saw at least two giant trees literally ripped up by their roots!!!  Concrete and all laying on their sides!!  I directed my student over to them to do some exploring and it was prettying jaw dropping!  Pictures are below!

Then this afternoon I literally had to play "Frogger" to get through intersections with no lights working and no police men to direct traffic.  And these were not small intersections but rather massive and busy ones!!  Does no one know what a 4 way stop is?!?!?!

And so I ran away after work for the weekend!  I went home, packed a bag and hit the road for Northern Virginia, friends, and electricity!!!

And I am glad I went because I had concert tickets with my dear and wonderful friend to go see Scythian!!  I am not normally a concert person but I felt I needed stretch my comfort zone and these guys have MAD SKILLS with music!  So I found myself watching my friend dance circles around me as I couldn't help but move to the music and clap my hands as the music went on!!

After the concert, we thought we would go sing some Karaoke but instead, happily spent the rest of the evening with the man who brings a smile to my face and a laugh from my lips!  However, somewhere around 12:30 or 1 in the morning I started to feel myself fade and so had to say goodnight.

A day that started out more than a little rough became so wonderful and happy that I have to classify it as one of the best days this summer!!

The rest of the weekend was spent with friends and running errands and just living life and relaxing!!  Making sure I slept and just curled up and rested.  Dinner with friends and conversation into the evening over frozen yogurt!  Honestly....I wish more weekends were this good!  But I am happy with how great this summer has been!!

Ripped up trees!!

Scythian concert!!!!



No comments: