Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 304. I Can't Believe I Did That!

Yes, the title of this post really best describes what I thought at the end of yesterday!  Because of how exhausted I was Monday night I ended up sleeping on the couch at my friend's house.  I love these friends!  They weren't even home and yet their other roommates were so kind as to say it was no problem for me to crash!  But I digress.

I had to be at work in Richmond (about a 2 hour drive away) by 8 am and I also had to stop by my house and change before hand.  I set my alarm for 4:30 am and eventually fell asleep.  I have to say, 4:30 came before I was prepared!  But after hitting snooze once I was up and even managed to be pulling away from the house a couple minutes before 5.  I learned if you are ever looking for a light traffic time to drive to Richmond, that would be at 5 am on a Tuesday morning!  I made it in less than two hours!  Which meant I had a half an hour before I technically had to be up!  30 minutes of ridiculously fast sleep was wonderful!

My day was anything but short!  With coffee in my mug, I started my 12 hour day!  And the thing was...I was ready for it!  I was looking forward to everything I had to do!  Teaching my clients, telling my co-workers about the interview (I never had such a supportive group of people to work with!!) and writing up my summaries and lesson plans.  At the end of the day, I remembered that not only was my car's gas tank almost empty, my fridge was nearly bare!  And yes, that meant I went to the grocery store before going home  I think I ate dinner about 8:30-9pm!  I remember also doing something on the computer but honestly...I couldn't tell you what!  Possibly responding to emails...and lord knows what I said!

And as I lay down to go to sleep, all I could think was, "I can't believe I did that!"  According to TimeHop, 3 years ago today I was rejoicing over being able to walk to the garden, sit a while and then walk back inside!  Lol!  I can only laugh at where I am now in comparison!  Once again, I find myself being so very, very grateful!

No comments: