Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Friday, February 12, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 189. Kinda Catching On!

I am a writer.  I love to write.  I love making characters come alive in stories and I love trying to find the right words to make an idea or concept understandable.  I was an English major in undergrad and in my last year I wrote a couple papers that one professor really liked.  He even asked me if I could present one of them with his grad students.  Sadly, I wasn't able to due to scheduling conflicts and time restraints but it was really quite flattering!!

Anyway, I use to think that any kind of writing was fun.  I am learning I am wrong!  I was introduced to writing APA style for scientific writing.  I have had to smother the verbose, literary side of me and jump start the moribund, clinical, scientific side of my brain.  It's hard and not pretty!  And I don't like it!!  BUT...this afternoon I somehow found myself on a little bit of a role following all the rules of writing APA puts out there!  I am not a fan of outlines but I never thought I would miss a complete outline until I hit a class where the pieces of the paper and the research for it is fed to me one piece at a time!  However, I got so excited that I was on a role!  I was able to push all the frustration to the side and actually enjoyed trying to get my research articles I was paraphrasing in a cohesive flow.  I was being challenged to make a style of writing that I find choppy into something smooth and still informative.  At one point, I was jumping around in my chair trying to get it all out of my head and on to the word document!  So yes, writing my research paper today eventually made me smile and even get a little excited!  Here's hoping I did it right!!  Lol!

No comments: