Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Monday, February 1, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 178. A Thrill!!!!

One of the things I love about working in the field of blindness and low vision is because once in a while...I can really help someone!  And it is pretty wonderful!  

Macular Degeneration affects your central vision.  Makes it crazy blurry, causes blind spots and makes words appear and disappear in frustrating ways.  We naturally use our central vision to do just about everything, including reading.  What I loved was the reaction I got when I suggested to someone with MD to try looking off to their left and reading out the side of their eye.  The reaction was wonderful!!  Absolute joy and amazement!  The peripheral vision is what someone with MD needs to use but you don't often think about doing that.  One simple suggestion and someone is able to use their vision for reading again!!  It's an incredible feeling helping with that and I can't wait to be able to help more people!!!

No comments: