Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Friday, June 28, 2013

Sisters


Yesterday we got a call from my sister Stephanie saying she was in the hospital and going to have an emergency gull bladder surgery.  It really stinks being so far away when things like that happen.  She lives in California :(.  I could tell my mom was wishing with everything she had to be able to be out there for my sister.  Right now we are relying on text messages, calls and FB messages to keep in touch.  The surgery went well but sadly they have to go back in sometime today for more surgery.  Steph called last night as she waited for an ambulance to transport her to another hospital for the second procedure.  She sounded a little groggy and loopy but it was good to hear her voice.  I was happy to get her slightly animated talking about the movie Voyage of the Dawn Treader.:)  To help lift her spirits mom and I went on a little shopping trip yesterday and filled a box with silly stuff to make her smile!

I have four sisters.  Stephanie is closest to me in age though and we spent many years sharing a room when we lived in Flint, before she went into the Air Force.  Things that made me want to never speak to her again as a child now make me smile and laugh to remember as an adult.  There was a string of nights where she felt it was her duty to make me scream as loud as possible by doing such things as hiding behind the bedroom door and jumping out at me.  Hiding under my bed and grabbing my ankles as I got into bed.  And then my favorite...pretending like she is talking in her sleep and as she screeched NO grabbing my feet and making my whole body levitate a good foot or two strait off my bed!!  At the time I was furious at her because not only was she laughing...but after dad burst in to see what was wrong, I noticed him trying not to laugh too!!  Now though, I just laugh.  And Steph hasn't changed a bit.  Only now she has two teenage kids to torture by jumping out at them:).    So glad to see things don't change:)

Pray for my sister please.  This is not a good time right now for her.

The picture I posted is of me, Stephanie and mom from last summer when she came to visit:).  Love you Steph and miss you so much!!!!!

No comments: