Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Cancer Catillion Idea

I had an idea today (and learned that it isn't the first time it has been had) of having a fund raiser and night for cancer patients and survivors...a Cancer Cotillion.  I want to give a fun time to people dealing with an unimaginable amount of stress.  A night for teenagers to have a beautiful dance and not have to worry about being bald because they aren't the only ones.  A night to raise money for uninsured cancer patients adn research.

The only reason I have any kind of medical coverage is because I am independent and have been in school for two years.  It gives a whole new meaning to being broke!   But there are a lot of families out there who do have jobs but no insurance or their insurance doesn't cover it all.  To be able to not only give those people a night of elegance and fun but also something to help ease the financial strain would be wonderful!

So anyone with ideas on how to move this forward, let me know!

No comments: