Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Monday, October 17, 2016

My New Normal Day 60. The Tax Collector!!

There are so many things about Florida that just boggle my mind!  People's calm acceptance of reptiles all over the place.  The drivers that honestly seem to be on a mission to almost cause the most horrendous accidents and then somehow swerve out of catastrophe at the last second...for the most part.  (My language has gone down hill quite a lot since driving these roads!).  People thinking that I am insane for keeping my house at a barely comfortable 73 degrees (they seem to think I am trying to build an igloo indoors!).  And the most recent head scratcher is the name they have for their DMV.  

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, The Tax Collector!!

When my brother told me that was what Florida called the DMV I couldn't stop laughing!  So many images were fighting for top billing in my mind!!!  Biblical images of the money changers and despised and unclean tax collectors from the New Testament!  A poor, muddy village in the dark ages of England with soldiers enforcing the crippling tax of the King and protecting the oily and evil tax collector (who is always quite rotund in just about every movie that involves such a scenario!).  And most recently, I have had the image of a hulking wrestler taking the WWE by storm...hated and dreaded, cloaked in dark mystery, THE TAX COLLECTOR!!    Mwahahaha!!

Not quite what it was actually like this afternoon as I settled in, more than a bit stressed and jumping the gun about not getting a chance to be seen, for a long wait for my number to be called in the large room which had for some reason only browns in it's color palette (broken by periodically spaced pieces of electric blue felt for the background for ID photos).  I went in today and transferred my license and car registration to Florida and registered to vote.   My new Florida license was handed over to me and after I winced at my cringe worthy photo on it, I took a second or two and let it sink in that I am now a Floridian.  The state of rain out of a clear blue sky, lizards that fall on you without warning from trees (no, I will never get use to them!), home of Disney, NASA, beaches and infamous in history for hanging chads!  I wasn't quite sure how I felt about it all and so I tucked my license into my purse and headed out with my oh so snazzy paper plates for my car,

So yes, I am still processing the fact that I am a resident of the home of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofey and the whole gang.  But what will forever put a smile on my face is the ridiculous images in my mind now that I can say that I have paid The Tax Collector!  Lol!!!!









No comments: