Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Thursday, October 6, 2016

My New Normal Days 47 & 48. SURPRISE!

I have said this many times and I honestly can't say it enough...I really have awesome brothers!  Not long ago I got a call from my brother Andy asking if I wanted to go out to an early lunch and he could be in Orlando before noon.  I said sure, really happy to get a visit in with my brother!  When he said he was looking for my building I went outside looking for his big 'ole truck.  A man pulled up on a motorcycle and started honking at me!

It took me a moment to realize it was my younger brother on a Hog!!  Lol!  One of my neighbors was watching me try to figure out who was honking at me and started calling out to me that I didn't have to go up to this strange man if I didn't want to and she even hung around watching as I recognized Andy and went running over and gave him a big hug with shock and excitement!!!  He was here to give me my very first motorcycle ride!!!!!!

With helmet in hand (after running to Walmart to buy a pair of tennis shoes) and my heart beating like crazy I approached this beautiful machine!!!  I was nervous for sure but determined to enjoy this experience!  Andy drove around my complex so I could get use to how to lean and hold my balance and it felt completely natural!

Then we jumped out on the road and headed out to find a place to eat!  I couldn't stop laughing!!!  The whole ride I was giving shouts and laughing working to catch my breath with the excitement!!! It felt so natural and thrilling to be on the bike!!!!!!  Send out big thanks and big hugs to Andy and can't wait to go on another ride!!!!!

Picture:  Selfie of Andy and I sitting on the bike with our helmets on!




No comments: