Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Thursday, October 6, 2016

My New Normal Days 49 & 50. Hello Matthew.

I have found there are a lot of things to become use to since moving to Florida and right now I am experiencing something that never really came into my life before.  Hurricanes!  Hurricane Matthew has come a knocking and it seems like everything is revolving around updates from the news channels and warnings.  I will admit that I am more than a little nervous even though I am not in an evacuation zone.

The rain is starting to hit here and I can actually watch it all approach on the TV.  Possibly that is adding to my anxiety but at the same time, I want to know what is happening.  The worst isn't supposed to hit my area until about 3 in the morning.  So for now I am charging my devices and napping and really just watching news and chilling out.  With all the business involved in getting ready for the storm, now it's just time to sit and wait.  I don't like sitting and waiting!  Lol!

I am watching images from the ocean where the storm is starting to hit and I have to say, there is a frightening beauty to the images of the water building up.  The damage that can be caused by the water and wind is what makes it frightening, but if there was no one to be impacted by this storm, it would be an almost beautiful thing to watch,  The absolute strength of nature is awe inspiring!

But here I sit, only able to marvel for a moment at a time because outside my home is rain falling that will get heavier and faster,  Those moments of awe are quickly interrupted by worry for everyone affected by the storm.  I know my power will be going out and the damage in my area is going to be big...and I'm about an hour and a half to two hours off the coast!  The damage on the coast will be even more!  But still, a respect for the strength of nature is growing in me and the realization that even though it's frightening and dangerous, it's also frightening and dangerously beautiful!  The contradictions are amazing!

My prayers to all my neighbors here in Florida and asking for prayers from everyone that the damage isn't as bad as they are predicting!






No comments: