Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Thursday, August 4, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 361. Thank You Netflix

I will be very up front right now.  I feel miserable.  Wether it is the flu or possible food poisoning I don't know but starting yesterday late afternoon through late this afternoon the nausea has been coming in waves. :(.  I ended up leaving work only a half an hour after getting there it got so bad again.

When i got home I ended up curling up in bed crying because all I could do was remember being sick after chemo and how very long that stretched out and horrible that felt.  It felt like I was back there again.  It took a while to stop crying and that didn't help the nausea.  I think flashbacks are some of the hardest things to deal with these days.  Fortunately they are not often but when they come, the last thing I want is to be alone.

So I curled up again and turned on Netflix.  I dozed through many episodes of Gilmore Girls and then dozed through several episodes of Black Dawg Salvage or something like that.  And I didn't care that I missed it all, it just helped me push those memories away hearing voices that almost always had a happy tome to them.  It made my mind go somewhere other than those memories.

Now the nausea is gone but I still feel completely worn out and exhausted.  Which is yet another memory I don't want to dwell on for now so I think I shall be returning to dozing through a show for the evening.  But thank you Netflix for taking me out of myself and giving me something to smile about today.:)

No comments: