Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Painting on the Ceiling

As I lay here in my chemo chair, I have spent some time staring at the ceiling.  They anticipated this of all patients and have painted pictures on some the ceiling tiles!  The picture is of one of them in the cube I've been using.

These are simple pictures that use primary colors mostly.  I like this one because of the sunshine in it.  In fact, sunshine is evoked all through the infusion room.  The walls are a soft yellow color with a hint of tan.  The floors are light colored pergo  and the curtains on the cubes pale yellow.  To add to the theme, one whole wall, all the way down the length of the infusion room, is all window.  Letting the sun in to pour down on whoever is sitting in the visitor chairs next to mine.  In my case, it pours its warm sunniness on dad...and encourages him to take naps as he sits with me:-).

Probably the best contribution to the sunshine theme though are the nurses themselves!  Jan, Kim, Michelle and Lindsey all have happy and bright personalities.  They make you feel calm and safe with a word and a smile and help make this place that could easily be so sad and depressing a positive and hilarious place.  I write this as Lindsey and Kim sing and laugh!  How can one feel sad and scared with all of this around?!

I noticed this all because of the painting on my ceiling:-).

No comments: