Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Monday, August 12, 2013

My Brain Worked!!!

This is an exciting moment for me!!  Tonight, for a short moment, my brain triumphed over the fog chemo has placed all around it!!!  While watching Jeopardy a clue came up that as soon as I saw the map that gave the clue, I knew the answer was Kiev!  But even better, not only did I know the answer, I was able to think it in my head and incredibly say it out loud!!!!!  I in fact shouted it out loudly as I clapped my hands and made parents jump!!!

This may not sound like something too amazing but for the past two months, my brain has not been working properly!  I easily forget simple words.  I know that  I know an answer to a question but not only am I unable to say the answer, I can't get the words to come to my head!  Or I can get them into my head but can't get them to come out of my mouth!  This is a very frustrating thing and doesn't just happen around questions but in the middle of a conversation!  (As just about anyone who has talked to me on the phone or in person can attest to!). 

But, for one moment tonight, the stars aligned and stimulated my brain to work from my eyes to my brain and out of my mouth...loud enough to make the sheep baa thinking someone was outside and perhaps coming their way with some hay:)  So thank you Jeopardy and my awesome Russian Lit teacher Dasha!!!  Fingers crossed I get a few more moments of clarity in the second half of chemo!!!

No comments: