Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Coffee (Dedicated to my brother Jim!)

House blend; cherries blend;  morning buzz; flavored and black...coffee is a wonderful thing!!!

This morning, as I thought about what to write about, I asked my brother Jim what he thought I should write about and his answer was one word...coffee!!  Perhaps behind it was the fact he wanted some, or was looking for someone to sit and have coffee with!  Something he and I use to do quite often when we both lived in Virginia and occasionally in Kalamazoo!  Sadly, I am no longer in Kalamazoo with him and therefore we could not renew this relaxing and enjoyable outing:).

This made me realize just how great coffee is!  While I had to stop drinking coffee years ago (caffeine gives me amazing migraines!) it has played a rather important role in my life for a long time!  I have countless memories of sitting at The Daily Grind in Front Royal (and sometimes in Winchester) with my brothers and friends.  Everyone sipping on coffee, or cocoa or other drinks.  The occasional sandwich or wrap depending on if it was a meal time or not.  But what was best about these times was sitting and talking together, sometimes for hours on end!  Whether it was with one or two of my brothers or one or two of my friends (or a mix of both) I can only remember being happy!

Sometimes I would go to The Grind by myself with a book or laptop and loose myself in a story I was reading or writing.  And inevitably, a friend would walk by and a conversation would be struck up for a short while.

Some of my happiest memories have revolved around coffee.  The sometimes sweet and sometimes pungent aroma wafting through the air created a pleasant and homey atmosphere that made life feel good for the time you sat there, alone or with someone.  So every time I smell coffee I can't help but smile!  And look forward to many more memories to come, all revolving around a cup full of the dark, strong, dare I say nectar of the gods...COFFEE!!

No comments: