Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Feet Back Under Me Day 3: Small Towns!

Having gone from a bustling city in the land of sun showers to a small, historic town has been so great!  One thing about it is just how close everything is sometimes.  I say "sometimes" because having to go over the pass to a bigger city to find stores like Best Buy or my personal favorite, JoAnn's Fabrics, is a necessity.  However, a good coffee shop, grocery store, quaint downtown, delicious restaurants and my own home are pretty much in about three or four miles of each other!

Tonight I had to swing downtown after work and worked briefly on finding an address.  I couldn't help but laugh that the address was a half a block search from where I parked on a cross street.  And as I found the address I was looking for I discovered my little town has a beautiful Jewish temple tucked into its streets.  I feel like I never know what I will find next!  As I wound my way through the narrow streets I realized that after only three and a half months, I am using my GPS less and less and almost never down town.

I love that I can walk from my church to the Amtrak station on the other side of down town in about five minutes or so, depending if I take the detour to get a coffee or not.  I don't really know people outside of work in this town yet but when I previously spent a half an hour walking in and out of shops on the main street, I was greeted with smiles and kindness and many welcomes when I said I had recently moved to town!  I want to get involved with my community here and get to know people  and be able to wave at people I see on the street and help out around town.  Corny, yes, but I haven't felt such a welcome and generous spirit in a community in a long time.  Cheers to small towns!  Can't wait to get to know it better!


No comments: