Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Words and Pictures

Ever since I can remember I've wanted to be a writer.  From writing stories to journalism, writing has just been a part of me.  The past six months, that part if me had to be mostly tucked away because for the first time since I learned how to put sentences together, writing was too hard.

I never realized how focused I would get when I wrote.  When your ability to focus is taken away, you realize how much you need it!  So, instead of a lot of writing, I started taking pictures.  I think it is possible to tell whole stories with a single picture!  Pictures can speak for themselves.  I think that is why I'm starting to love them more and more.  I could still tell a story but didn't have to focus so hard!

The picture you see here is with two if my nieces,  Becca and Lexie.  I think it shows happiness, and s lot if love!  And let's face it...it just looks too cool!  It will always be there to look back on and remember that moment I had my two nieces sitting next to me!  Those moments we capture don't always gave to be monumental.  The every day moments tell a larger story.  They tell the story of how a person lived.  Those thousands of big and small moments that show how a person became who they are.  Their story can take whole books to tell in words, and those pictures help to bring those words to life!

No comments: