Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Thursday, November 21, 2013

An Interesting Birthday!


Well, today I turned 34!  Life hasn't exactly gone the way I thought it would but you know, this year hasn't been all bad!  In January I spent a weekend with friends in VA!  I managed to stay on the Deans List at Western all four semesters I was there!  And despite ER visits, hospitalization  and emergency surgery surrounded by anemia, I still managed to graduate Magna Cum Laude and was even able to walk across the stage to receive my diploma!  So yeah, there have been some awesome moments this year!  

Today was probably my most unique birthday!  I spent a couple hours at the hospital getting a CT scan!  While it will be a couple weeks before I meet with my oncologist to read it, I have total faith it will be a clear scan that will officially put me in remission!  There is no logical reason for it not to be!  But please say some prayers that is the case!

When I got home I was excited when the mail lady pulled into the drive and handed me a big box!  Inside was my present to me...NCIS Bert the farting Hippo and Bert slippers!!!!!!!   Perfect timing!!!  Lol!!  The slippers are warm and cute and Bert is totally huggable!!

Then tonight after a yummy steak dinner my parents brought out a cake and a present!  A beautiful 1 volume collection of all of Jane Austin's novels!!!!!  I don't care how much I love my kindle, I will always love the feal of

a real book in my hands and the way they look on my shelves!

So as I curl up in bed to go back and forth watching EUREKA and CHUCK on netflix, I'm happy to say today has been a good day!  I've included some pictures from the day below!  Here's to more happy days!





No comments: