Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Mind Over Matter Doesn't Always Work!

Well, I know people say that mind over matter works but sadly not in the case of chemo recovery!  I had it in my mind that because I did so well during chemo that I was going to recover in a blink of an eye! Once the chemicals stop flowing you automatically get better, right?  WRONG!  

I'm slowly working on wrapping my head around the fact that one month after my last chemo I'm still spending most of my time in bed!  After wiping myself out so much I spent a whole day in bed curled up feeling sick from exhaustion TWICE I realized that taking it easy in my mind is not taking it easy in chemo reality!   I'm trying to find the right balance so I don't go insane!  But slow and easy wins the race I'm told!  Between you and me, that saying is annoying!  

But really, what can you do?  So I'm trying to find ways to keep me busy without wearing myself out.  I know I haven't been blogging much but mostly because I was in denial I think and didn't want to acknowledge that this was going to be a snails pace recovery!  But I have ideas to cope with the insane boredom!  Thinking of getting back into publishing!  More on that to come!

No comments: