Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Starting To Look Back

A year ago right now, cancer was the last thing on my mind.  But looking back, the symptoms were there.  Around this time I was getting back from Spring Break and getting ready for graduation.  I was looking forward to a Celtic Women concert at Miller Auditorium.  It was such a wonderful show too!!!  I had tickets to see Wicked (FINALLY!!) for me and my friends Jennifer the night before graduation.

But already, I was constantly tired.  I would get home from class and the library and would just collapse in my chair.  Making dinner was becoming a chore and I had to be completely out of food to force me to go to the store for groceries.  I figured I was just getting worn out from the stress of finishing school (it did take 15 years!) and job hunting.

Here is what is funny between now and this time last year.  This year is kinda mirroring last year.  I am job hunting once more for teaching positions and the funny thing is, the two schools I was applying at are both hiring again this year!  They both have my resume and we will see what happens.  It is a little strange.  And a little scary!  Everything seems to be repeating itself with these two job possibilities!  And I'm ok with that.  They were both great opportunities and possibilities last year.  I just want to make it through June.  June is my next exam and CT Scan and once I get a clean bill of health then…I'll stop feeling like I am just repeating last year.  I really don't want to repeat last year.

No comments: