Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Saturday, March 22, 2014

I Think I'm Getting There!

As I write this I am randomly knocking on my desk in hopes of not jinxing anything!  I am actually starting to feel a little like my old self again!!!  I don't know if it just from time or the ballistic doses of Vitamin D I have been taking but I am able to walk more and work out at the gym almost consistently!  Granted, the workouts are short and my walks are up and down my road (and not all the way up and down it yet) but I actually feel like I can o this now!

The fear of completely wiping myself out and ending up in bed sick again is still there but it is slowly receding:)  One thing I have learned from this treatment and recovery is you can't live up to other people's expectations but you have to set reasonable expectations yourself.  I have also learned when people tell me "you're fine" they aren't dismissing everything you have gone through (which is what it really feels like BTW) but rather reassuring themselves.

My expectations, until recently, were always simply too high for me!  I came out of this chemo slower then expected but I am coming out of it.  I just had to realize the speed I was recovering at and work with it instead of working against it and getting frustrated.  But I think I am getting into a good groove here and hopefully it will be a faster recovery from here on out!

No comments: