Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Friday, October 11, 2013

Playing In The Leaves

There are important things a person has to do when going through all of this.  One is to take those moments, even if they only last a short time, that make you smile and enjoy them as long and as much as you can!

Today I found myself outside in the front yard kicking around the leaves on the ground.  They make that lovely rustling sound as they move about!  And then there is that distinct Autumn smell (and no, I don't mean pumpkin spice!) that wafts through the air as you stir up the leaves!  The colors go from yellow, to orange to red and the sun shines through the thinning branches and warms you up!

Moments like this pull you out of yourself!  For a short time all is right with the world and you can't help but smile and kick up those leaves!  And the great thing is, even though it may not feel like it sometimes, you know a moment like that will be repeated.  You don't know when or where or how but it will surprise you, take you out of yourself, and make you smile!!! :)

No comments: