Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Buzzing My Head

Getting my head buzzed yesterday was probably one of the hardest things I have ever done.  If it hadn't been for my sister in law and my mom it probably would have been pretty traumatizing.  It's amazing how much something like hair can mean to you.  I'm not trying to be melodramatic or anything. But it probably took everything I had that day to not burst into tears. Not saying I didn't cry as you can see in one of the pictures. But, it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I know that doesn't make much sense given that I said it was the hardest thing that I did.  Having people around you that love you and care for you made it possible. but at the same time I just can't get over this head of no hair.  I still jump when I look in the mirror!
That being said,  I'm a little excited about what I can do with this look!  My sister in law, Margo, has made me scarves to wear and bangs to go underneath them.  I can be blonde or burnette depending on my mood:-).  This Monday I'm learning how to put makeup on while going through chemo and how to tie turbans.  There is a class and they actually give me a bunch of makeup afterwards.  They teach you how to draw eyebrows and put on eyelashes and other things.  Its called Look Good, Feel Good.  Its amazing how your self esteem takes a beating during chemo so whoever came up with this idea deserves an award!
So, I am not watching my hair fall out so dramatically anymore...and I'm starting to feel like I don't look as much like my brother Andy as I did yesterday.  He's a handsome guy but as a woman I would rather be pretty:-).  A huge thank you to Ashley for cutting my hair and being amazing!!  And especially to Margo for setting it all up and doing so much to get me through and still feel good about myself!  Love you!!!

No comments: